In these rules, the following terms mean:
- In these rules, the following terms mean:
- Authority: the supervisory authority as intended in Article 51 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in conjunction with Article 6 of the Implementation Act GDPR: the Dutch Personal Data Authority;
- Personal data: any data regarding an identified or identifiable natural person;
- Special personal data: any personal data regarding the health, religion, political views, criminal record, or sexual life of a natural person;
- Processing of personal data: any action or any set of actions regarding personal data, in any case including collecting, recording, organising, storing, editing, changing, requesting, using, providing by means of transmission, distributing or any other form of making available, combining, linking, as well as blocking, deleting or destroying data;
- Controller: The controller for the processing of personal data within the meaning of this regulation is Floriade Almere 2022 B.V., validly represented by its competent administration;
- Processor: the person who on the basis of an agreement processes personal data for the controller, without being subject to its direct authority;
- Data subject: the natural person to whom personal data relate;
- Relation: the person with whom Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. has a business relationship;
- Third party: any person other than the data subject, the controller or the processor; or any person who, under the direct authority of the controller or the processor, is authorized to process personal data;
- GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council.
Floriade 2022 Almere is the inspiring and activating stage for the green (world) city of the future, where the innovation power of the Dutch horticulture sector, of world cities and progressive companies showcase their knowledge, experience and innovation power. Floriade Almere 2022 shows how global urban issues in the field of nutrition, health, energy and green issues are handled.
Contact details controller
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. | PO Box 98 | 1300 AB Almere
T: +31 (0)6 82054524 | floriade.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details Data Protection Officer
Karin Ruhaak-de Vries | Veluwezoom 15 | 1327 AE Almere
email@example.com | +31 (0)6 82755271
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. respects the privacy of all persons who visit its websites, of all contacts and all other interested parties whose personal data are processed. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. will ensure that the personal data collected by or provided to Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. will be treated in confidence. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. processes personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and abides by its own Privacy Statement.
Categories of personal data
Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. processes the following, general personal data:
- Name and address details
- Email address
- Mobile phone or telephone number
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Photos for atmospheric impressions and promotional purposes
- During activities of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V., pictures are taken of people, who will not be rendered unrecognizable.
- CCTV footage
- Picture for the Floriade Pass
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. does not process special personal data.
Why does Floriade process personal data?
Personal data will only be processed if:
- these are necessary to be able to fulfill an agreement;
- the owner has given free, specific, informed and unambiguous permission for this;
- there is a legitimate interest for Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. (for example, analytical purposes or direct marketing);
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
The websites that come under Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. are:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Deleting and rejecting cookies
Delete installed cookies or reject new cookies via your browser settings:
Or adjust your preferences via the button below:
Objective of processing of personal data
- Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. processes personal information to be able to contact interested parties and for the sale and delivery of tickets or Floriade Passes.
- To keep the personal data of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.’s contacts up-to-date, Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. collects, records, edits, and stores personal data of its contacts in its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and removes, for example, the personal data that are no longer required from its CRM system.
- Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. processes payment details for the sale and delivery of tickets or Floriade Passes. These details are not kept any longer than necessary.
- Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. processes visual material for atmospheric impressions and promotional purposes, if the use of the visual material is necessary for marketing activities. Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. processes visual material when it is necessary for our legitimate interest, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).. When you are present at an event of Floriade Expo 2022, it is possible that you will be photographed.
- Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. processes CCTV footage for safety and security reasons. The legitimate interest of Floriade B.V. to establish CCTV is to prevent theft and to protect employees and customers.
- Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. also checks a bank statement, utility bill or the like, if a person wishes to purchase a Floriade Pass Almere.
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. may process personal data to:
- send newsletters from Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.
- manage the administration of the contacts of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. in the CRM system
- provide information about developments, events and activities organised by, among others, Floriade Almere 2022 B.V., by means of. mailings or flyers sent by post.
- Carrying out marketing activities, including approaching data subjects via e-mail, online platforms or otherwise, for interest in or participation in events, activities and registrations of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.
- Carrying out marketing activities among business relations, including approaching data subjects via e-mail, online platforms or otherwise, for interest in or participation in events, activities and registrations of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.
- Carrying out marketing activities, including sending information about the visit via e-mail, sending pre- and post-visit e-mails, surveys and e-mails in case of calamities.
- Optimizing the contact with contacts of Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.
- register visitor’s data of all or parts of the websites of Floriade 2022 Almere B.V.
- conduct marketing research among Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.’s contacts.
- analyse and evaluate visitors’ participation in events and activities during Floriade Almere 2022.
- safeguard and hand over Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.’s cultural heritage after Floriade Almere 2022 has taken place, among other things with the objective to transfer the personal data to the municipality of Almere after Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. has ended. This will allow third parties to continue to contact these interested parties in accordance with the objectives in this Privacy Statement, and contacts to be informed of the developments and activities that will take place in Almere.
- Process payment data including, but not limited to, bank account numbers for sales and delivery tickets
- Photo kiosks can be found on the Floriade park. This allows visitors to take a picture of themselves and have it emailed to them. To make this possible, you will be asked for your e-mail address. We can also request permission for sending you our newsletter. Floriade does not receive the photos, only the email addresses are processed by Floriade.
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. makes extensive use of social media to inspire and inform people about our activities and to give behind-the-scenes glimpses. Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. can be followed on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn. If you use this social media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the social media platform you use. We also place advertisements about our exhibitions and other activities on social media. People are shown our advertisements based on the data that the social media platform collects with permission, for example that people follow us, age and in which country they live. Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. does not affect the data that social media platforms collect. One should look in the terms and conditions of the platform. These privacy settings can often also be managed in the settings of the social media profile.
Providing personal data to third parties
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. is providing personal data to third parties if the transfer is in line with the description referred to in this Privacy Statement, if Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. is required by law, or if a statutory basis applies. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. can also provide personal data to third parties in countries outside the European Union. Floriade B.V. has processing agreements with payment service providers. Personal data is processed and stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) as much as possible. Our processors may store and/or process personal data outside the EEA. Transfers to such a country will only take place if that country guarantees an appropriate level of security.
This Privacy Statement only applies to Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. and does not apply to third parties with whom Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. cooperates. However, such parties should have their own Privacy Statement. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. is not responsible for the Privacy Statement of third parties. We recommend that persons concerned consult the third parties’ Privacy Statement before personal data are made available to third parties.
The GDPR does not give any specific period for the retention of personal data. Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. will retain the personal data at the latest until the end of 2023. This is with the exception of the following cases:
- Personal data of applicants is kept for up to 4 weeks after completion of the application procedure. If the applicant gives permission for this, the data will be kept for 1 year after the end of the application procedure.
- After registering for a newsletter, personal data will be stored until cancellation.
- Payment details for the purchase of tickets or other visitor-related purchases are not kept longer than necessary.
- CCTV footage is kept for 14 days when necessary. Images captured for the purpose of recording an incident, including but not limited to theft and fraud, will be retained until the incident in question is resolved.
Data subjects’ rights
- Data subjects have the right and the possibility to opt out of newsletters, mailings and letters by post that Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. sends its contacts. Upon opting out, Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. will not send the means of communication in question any longer. Data subjects can use the possibilities included in newsletters, mailings and letters to opt out.
- Data subjects have the right to inspect their file. Data subjects can submit a request for this purpose via the e-mail address mentioned below. Within four weeks, Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. will notify data subjects in writing whether personal data relating to them is being processed.
- If data subjects find incorrect data in their file, they can file a request for correction, completion, removal or blocking. This request will contain the changes to be made. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. will inform the requestor within four weeks of receiving the request in writing, whether or to what extent it will comply. Any refusal will state reasons.
- Data subjects have the right to receive their personal data, which have been provided to the controller, in a structured, common and in a machine-readable form and to transfer them (or have them transferred) to another organisation (data portability). There are two requirements for exercising this right. The first requirement is that the processing is based on consent or on the performance of an agreement. The second requirement is that the processing is carried out through automated processes
- If the processing of the data subject’s personal data takes place on the basis that the processing is necessary for Floriade Almere 2022 B.V.’s legitimate interests, the data subject always has the option to lodge an objection.
- The controller assesses within four weeks of receiving the objection whether the objection is justified. If this is the case, the controller will immediately end the processing of data.
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. is responsible for appropriate personal data security. Only those persons who, by virtue of their function, manage the personal data of data subjects have access to the computers and the CRM system in which the contacts’ relevant personal data are stored. The computers are equipped with the required security systems and personal access codes.
Obligation to provide information
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. draws the data subjects’ attention to the provisions of this Privacy Statement and informs them of the processing of their personal data. The controller will do so prior to the time of collection. Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. informs the data subject in any case about which personal data it processes and to what purpose the processing takes place.
Data subjects who are of the opinion that the provisions of these rules have not been complied with in an acceptable manner, may contact the Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. with their complaint. The parties involved will then work towards finding a solution.
If the data subject and Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. fail to come to a solution, the data subject, depending on the nature of the complaint, may consider taking the case to the Authority or the courts.
Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Floriade Almere 2022 B.V. will inform contacts of these changes if necessary.
Floriade 2022 Almere B.V. | April 2022